Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Update on the Weekend

First of all, let me just say that oatmeal-covered babies are the sweetest as they think they really did a magnificent job with that spoon you gave them. And they don't understand why you don't want their oatmeal hugs and sticky kisses until they've been dipped in the bathtub. So precious!

Anyway, for those of you keeping up, you know that my friend Brittany's wedding was this weekend and I was somewhat apprehensive about it. Well after the bachelorette party last weekend, I was a little more relaxed. The wedding was wonderful! None of the stupid idiots I was expecting to have to put up with even showed their ugly faces. :D You can imagine my delight. Plus, I was paired with an incredibly sweet groomsman. He made sure I was taken care of the entire time. At the rehearsal dinner, he brought me my drink and got me refills and gave me his seat when some people were sitting around talking and I wanted to join the conversation. After the wedding, he took my arm and introduced me to all his friends. He made sure I had something to drink and brought me some cake. He danced with me and kept an eye on me to make sure that I wasn't standing awkwardly by myself. He let me wear his coat and even tied my shoes for me! AND he asked if I needed him to hold my hair back when I got sick and threw up. Personally, I think that's going above and beyond the duties of a groomsman. (And yes, I did throw up. I hadn't eaten anything but candy and cake since breakfast. Mix that with a rainbow of emotion and you have a recipe for an upset stomach. So I threw up in the alley behind the theatre. Haha, typical me - I know.)

So to sum it up, I had a blast and made tons of new friends. They're already asking when I'm coming back. I think it would be safe to say that I will be frequenting the Dallas/Fort Worth area in the future. And as far as the whole revenge weight loss thing goes, let me just say: I looked stunning (if I do say so myself)! I don't have any pictures yet, but when I do, I'll be sure and post them.

Final thoughts: Clearly God loves me as He took a situation I was totally frantic about and turned it into an amazing evening where I made tons of new friends - something I've been begging for for months! Oh how He loves us! :D

1 comment:

  1. thanks. i'm glad you enjoy my blog. sometimes i wonder if anyone out there is actually reading this. haha

    my camera's not broken. i was just too busy running around to take pictures, as is usually the case.

    feel free to share my blog with whoever. i'd be honored. :D

    ReplyDelete